Leave a comment
May 15, 2012 by Dropped Ink
- “Your appearance now is what we call residual self image. It is the mental projection of your digital self.“
- -Morpheus to Neo
- ……According to Wiki….
- A person’s self-image is the mental picture, generally of a kind that is quite resistant to change, that depicts not only details that are potentially available to objective investigation by others (height, weight, hair color, gender, I.Q. score, etc.), but also items that have been learned by that person about himself or herself, either from personal experiences or by internalizing the judgments of others. A simple definition of a person’s self-image is their answer to this question – “What do you believe people think about you?”.
- …..Getting on with it…..my point
- How do you see yourself? How have you been programed to see yourself? How many naysayers have told you that it is simply not possible to achieve an impossible dream. Is the impossible really impossible? Many have written about the moment they realized that they could make it. I love the Matrix. #Honestmoment. If I have alienated any of you at this point, fine. However, I implore you to stay with me because I have a point to make.
- Becoming the one is not a concept reserved for the Matrix but any person who dreams or aspires to reach beyond their physical self at the very moment they realize they have the ability to.
- The Buy In
- You have to subscribe to what you are willing to reject from the naysayers and re-project for them to see. Only you can observe your abilities and talents as you believe them to be. Yet in order to get an accurate perception you must let go of the negativity that you actively embrace. Some will subscribe to the idea of faith. Faith provides the ability and tools to believe in yourself because a higher power is out there to guide and catch you if you fail. Others will allow themselves to believe there are more important things to consume themselves with beyond chasing something that could potentially bear no fruit. I believe they call themselves realist. Would you believe I subscribe to both ideas? Aren’t I a conflicted soul. If you choose the faith aspect then you must let go of all perception of failure and inadequate abilities. You must look in the mirror daily and I don’t mean while you are brushing your teeth thinking about where you will have lunch if you even get one. I mean really look in the mirror like you’re staring down some beast who has hunted and chased you every day of your life. You will say to it “no more will allow myself to be governed or led by idiots who know nothing about me or my destiny. I will believe because I can.” Campy? Maybe. But you have to begin the journey somewhere. To the realist, let go of the idea that every thing must have a complete plan and sure answer. Life is indeed one of the greatest journey’s we will ever take. If you are familiar with the idea of journey’s then you understand there are surprises and direction changes along every journey. If you spend all your time rationalizing the journey then you will miss the answers. Buy in to the perception that you are more than just a vessel with creative power coursing through you. So pick one the red pill or the blue pill?
- So where does the digital come in at?
- We now live in a world where you plug in to flush the toilet. People date, shop and socialize in a digital world where they can become someone more than they are in their physical lives. Not only can you offer your opinion and share every random thought that pops into that melon shaped dome of yours but you can project traits that you could never project in a physical way. The internet now allows people to reimagine themselves beyond the physical. It provides an opportunity to offer yourself up to the people and let them decide it indeed you have what it takes to be the one. Think Amanda Hocking, if this gives you perspective. She believed in herself and her talent so much that she allowed the world to read her words and fall for her stories. She is just one example there are many who have successfully managed to do this. Will you allow yourself to be one of the many?